The Zoning Ordinance of the City classifies and regulates the uses of land, buildings and structures within the City in accordance with the General Plan. The purpose of Zoning is to assure orderly and beneficial development of the City, to encourage the most appropriate uses of land; to maintain and stabilize the value of property, to safeguard the public health and welfare, and to create a comprehensive and stable pattern of land uses upon which to plan transportation, water supply, sewage, schools, park and other facilities and public utilities.
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Map
- Find my Zoning (by parcel number, or by address)
Zoning Summary Tables
The following tables are general building site, zoning and setback requirements for the individual zone districts. These requirements cover the most common situations, but special circumstances may exist and the Planning Division should be consulted. Any questions regarding these requirements should be reviewed with the Planning Division, which is located at the Community Development Department, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101 (first floor), on Heritage Walk, Santa Maria, CA 93458, Phone No. (805) 925-0951, extension 2244.
- Commercial Districts (CPO, CC, C-1, C-2, FS, HC, and PF)
- Industrial Districts (M-1, CM, M-2)
- Residential Districts (R-1, RSL-1, R-2, R-3)
- Residential Policy & Standards
- Efficiency Unit Development Standards in PD/C-1 and PD/C-2 zoning Districts