Water Restrictions & Rebates
WATER RESTRICTIONS & REBATES
- NO use of potable water on driveways or sidewalks
- NO runoff when irrigating with potable water
- NO free-flowing hoses; all hoses must have a shut-off nozzle
- NO use of potable water in a non-recirculating, decorative water feature
- NO outdoor irrigation form 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- NO application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during or within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
In addition to the above restrictions, irrigating turf at commercial, industrial, and institutional properties, such as grass in front of or next to industrial or commercial buildings, is banned. This ban does not apply to watering turf that is used for recreation or other community purposes, water used at residences, or water to maintain trees.
The City of Santa Maria does not have the ability to provide rebates to its customers. However, there may be rebate programs available through the County of Santa Barbara. To determine rebate availability and eligibility, visit:
County of Santa Barbara
Water Wise Santa Barbara
Hotline & Information
Email or call the Water Conservation Hotline at (805) 925-0951 ext. 2802 to report water misuse or suspected leaks, to request more information, or to schedule a complimentary home water conservation visit.