SANTA MARIA REGIONAL LANDFILL – TREATED WOOD WASTE ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES (VARIANCE NO. TWW-2021-DF-00179)
- All generators, handlers, transporters, and/or transfer stations delivering treated wood waste to the landfill must be in possession of a Department of Toxic Substances Control TWW Variance: https://dtsc.ca.gov/treated-wood-waste-variances/
- Pre-authorization is required prior to disposal.
- Deliveries must be accompanied by a Treated Wood Waste Disposal Form (see below).
- Treated Wood Waste is subject to the Hard-to-Handle fee of $110 prorated/ton ($110 minimum).
- Treated Wood Waste must be separated from all other waste or the full load may be billed at the Hard-to-Handle fee of $110 prorated/ton ($110 minimum).
For additional information related to Treated Wood Waste, please visit: https://dtsc.ca.gov/toxics-in-products/treated-wood-waste/
Treated Wood Waste acceptance is subject to change at any time.
ADVISORY FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF TOXIC SUBSTANCES CONTROL
This notice is to advise you that in order to transport a hazardous waste, you must either be registered hazardous waste transporter, or have received a variance from the Department of Toxic Substances Control. Further information on becoming a hazardous waste transporter or obtaining a variance can be found on DTSC’s website at the following link: www.dtsc.ca.gov.
Failure to follow hazardous waste transportation rules may subject you to fines and penalties.
Questions regarding the disposal of Treated Wood Waste or assistance with pre-approval may be directed to the Utilities Department (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270.