The City of Santa Maria Utilities Department issues an annual Free Landfill Pass to local residential bill payers with residential trash service. The Pass may be used to dispose of waste generated by the resident that may be too large for their standard curbside trash container. The waste may be taken to the Santa Maria Regional Landfill at 2065 East Main Street with the original Pass during regular operating hours.
Residents must adhere to the requirements stated on the Pass:
- Passes are valid during one (1) visit to dispose of up to 1,000 pounds of material.
- Only one Pass will be issued per service address.
- Passes are limited to local residential bill payers with residential trash service. Businesses and other commercial utility accounts with residential containers are NOT eligible for the Pass.
- Passes are valid anytime from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from July 1st through June 30th excluding holiday closures: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Landfill hours are subject to change without notice.
- Users must present their original Pass with a valid Driver’s License or State-issued photo identification, which must match name and/or address on Pass. Entry will not be permitted without valid identification and original Pass. Copies will not be accepted and the Pass is not transferable.
- White goods (refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.) and up to four (4) passenger car tires will be accepted under the Pass.
- Large, hard-to-handle items (mobile homes, railroad ties, etc.) and materials in excess of 1,000 pounds will be charged regular disposal fees.
- Household hazardous waste is not accepted under the Pass. Call the Utilities Department for more information at (805) 925-0951 extension 7270.
- Alternate haulers may transport residential trash for others using Pass with advanced, written authorization from the Utilities Department. Download the required form at http://bit.ly/FLP_AltHauler.
- All loads entering the Landfill must be tarped in accordance with California Vehicle Code Section 23115(a).
Frequently Asked Questions