The City of Santa Maria Utilities Department has a mobile app for both iPhone and Android phones that allows residents to search Trash and Recycling collection schedules, pay your utility bills, identify recyclable and hazardous waste materials, search City events and much more.
The City of Santa Maria app can be downloaded from the App Store for the iPhone and the Google Play store for Android. Simply search “CSM Mobile” for iPhone and “City of Santa Maria Mobile” for Android and look for the City logo or click the following links:
2065 E. Main Street
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Hours of Operation: Daily 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On weekends call 925-0951 ext. 7253 for information.
The Santa Maria Regional Landfill will close for various holidays throughout the year; please call (805) 925-0951 extension 7270 for more information.
The Department of Utilities is responsible for delivering high quality water to your faucet, treating wastewater, refuse collection, recycling, operating the Santa Maria Regional Landfill and its Household Hazardous Waste Facility, street sweeping, and regulatory compliance. The Water Resources Operation and Maintenance Section is responsible for supplying residents with an adequate supply of potable water for domestic, industrial, and fire protection purposes. This includes imported State Water, maintaining wells and City reservoirs that have a total capacity of 20 million gallons, and over 450 miles of water mains. Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services consist of six distinct areas: Refuse collection/residential; refuse collection/commercial; landfill disposal operations, street sweeping, recycling operations, and regulatory compliance.
- For Questions about your Trash or Water service, please call (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270.
- For Questions about your Utility Bill, please call (805) 925-0951 ext. 2217.
- Questions regarding water quality or assistance with water conservation may be directed to the Utilities Department (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270.
HOW TO REPORT UNSAFE CONDITIONS
To report unsafe water or wastewater (sewer) conditions contact the Utilities Department at (805) 925-0951 extension 7270.
UTILITY BILLING: Starting & Discontinuing Service
(Managed by the Utility Billing Division of the Finance Department.)
2065 E. Main Street
Santa Maria, CA 93454
DIRECTOR OF UTILITIES:
SHAD S. SPRINGER
Phone: (805) 925.0951 x7211
Fax: (805) 928-7240
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT:
- Master of Public Administration (University of Wyoming)
- Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering (University of Wyoming)
- Associate of Science – Engineering (Northern Wyoming Community College)
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer: California, Arizona, & Wyoming
- Association of State Floodplain Managers, Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
- Qualified Storm Water Pollution Prevention Designer (QSD) and Practitioner (QSP)
- Director, Utilities Department, City of Santa Maria
- Acting Director, Public Works Department, City of Santa Maria
- Principal Civil Engineer, Engineering Division, City of Santa Maria
- Assistant Public Works Director, Arizona
- County Planning Director, Wyoming
- Administrator, Sheridan Area Water Supply Joint Powers Board
- Assistant County Engineer, Wyoming
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Public Works Association
- Association of State Floodplain Managers
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Director of the City's Utilities Department. Responsibilities are:
- Water Services
- Wastewater Services
- Solid Waste & Landfill Services
- Starting and Discontinuing Utility Service
Review the City's Annual Water Quality Report.
UTILITIES DEPARTMENT ORGANIZATIONAL CHART:
To provide efficient utility services through the use of progressive innovation, excellent customer service, and the wise use of public resources for the long-term benefit of the community.
2021-22 Goals and Objectives
- Construct Cell 1 expansion at the Santa Maria Regional Landfill, to further extend its operational life.
- Complete the Proposition 218 process for proposed increases in Solid Waste collection rates and bring the item before the City Council for consideration.
- Complete City water valve replacement project for non-operational valves in Broadway (State Route 135) to facilitate the Caltrans overlay project.
- To upgrade smaller residential-type fire hydrants in older neighborhoods so that they meet current standards, prepare and release a request for bids for the wharf hydrant replacement project.
- Complete and evaluate the Residential Organics Pilot Program to continue diverting waste from the Landfill to comply with State mandates.
- Develop and release request for proposals for continued operation of the Recycling Park Operations at the Santa Maria Regional Landfill, to ensure ratepayers get maximum value.
- To protect and ensure sewer service and minimize the potential for sewer overflows, clean 100 miles of sewer pipe and inspect 10 miles of sewer pipe via video camera.
- Identify candidates for a consolidated sewer manhole rehabilitation project and coordinate with Engineering on soliciting bids.
- Enter into an agreement for design services for a potable waterline to the Wastewater Treatment Plant from Stowell Road.
- Conduct a department-wide organizational analysis to position department functions to meet current and future needs and propose a five-year strategy for implementing changes.