Residential Collection Calendar
The City of Santa Maria Utilities Department has a mobile app for both iPhone and Android phones that allows residents to search Trash and Recycling collection schedules, pay your utility bills, identify recyclable and hazardous waste materials, search City events and much more.
The City of Santa Maria app can be downloaded from the App Store for the iPhone and the Google Play store for Android. Simply search “CSM Mobile” for iPhone and “City of Santa Maria Mobile” for Android and look for the City logo or click the following links:
2065 E. Main Street
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Hours of Operation: Daily 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On weekends call 925-0951 ext. 7253 for information.
The Santa Maria Regional Landfill will close for various holidays throughout the year; please call (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270 for more information.
The Department of Utilities is responsible for delivering high quality water to your faucet, treating wastewater, refuse collection, recycling, operating the Santa Maria Regional Landfill and its Household Hazardous Waste Facility, street sweeping, and regulatory compliance. The Water Resources Operation and Maintenance Section is responsible for supplying residents with an adequate supply of potable water for domestic, industrial, and fire protection purposes. This includes imported State Water, maintaining wells and City reservoirs that have a total capacity of 20 million gallons, and over 450 miles of water mains. Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services consist of six distinct areas: Refuse collection/residential; refuse collection/commercial; landfill disposal operations, street sweeping, recycling operations, and regulatory compliance.
- For Questions about your Trash or Water service, please call (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270.
- For Questions about your Utility Bill, please call (805) 925-0951 ext. 2217.
- Questions regarding water quality or assistance with water conservation may be directed to the Utilities Department (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270.
HOW TO REPORT UNSAFE CONDITIONS
To report unsafe water or wastewater (sewer) conditions contact the Utilities Department at (805) 925-0951 extension 7270.
UTILITY BILLING: Starting & Discontinuing Service
(Managed by the Utility Billing Division of the Finance Department.)
2065 E. Main Street
Santa Maria, CA 93454
DIRECTOR OF UTILITIES:
SHAD S. SPRINGER
Phone: (805) 925.0951 x7211
Fax: (805) 928-7240
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT:
- Master of Public Administration (University of Wyoming)
- Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering (University of Wyoming)
- Associate of Science – Engineering (Northern Wyoming Community College)
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer: California, Arizona, & Wyoming
- Association of State Floodplain Managers, Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
- Qualified Storm Water Pollution Prevention Designer (QSD) and Practitioner (QSP)
- Director, Utilities Department, City of Santa Maria
- Acting Director, Public Works Department, City of Santa Maria
- Principal Civil Engineer, Engineering Division, City of Santa Maria
- Assistant Public Works Director, Arizona
- County Planning Director, Wyoming
- Administrator, Sheridan Area Water Supply Joint Powers Board
- Assistant County Engineer, Wyoming
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Public Works Association
- Association of State Floodplain Managers
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Director of the City's Utilities Department. Responsibilities are:
- Water Services
- Wastewater Services
- Solid Waste & Landfill Services
- Starting and Discontinuing Utility Service
Review the City's Annual Water Quality Report.
UTILITIES DEPARTMENT ORGANIZATIONAL CHART:
To provide efficient utility services through the use of progressive innovation, excellent customer service, and the wise use of public resources for the long-term benefit of the community.
- Continue to explore opportunities to increase the availability of water supplies for the City.
- Solicit a request for proposals for the construction of a transfer station at the existing Santa Maria Regional Landfill to prepare for transportation of refuse to the future Los Flores Integrated Waste Facility.
- Establish an Organics Recycling Program for commercial accounts in compliance with State mandates for waste diversion.
- Execute a request for qualifications to develop plans, specifications, and estimates for the design and construction of all equipment and systems necessary for the Main Street Subwatershed Improvement Project.
- Continue to work proactively with the Regional Water Quality Control Board on the implementation of the Integrated Plan for Water Quality to achieve numerous City water quality objectives.
- Comply with new State trash regulations by developing an implementation plan to meet compliance milestones in selected neighborhoods.
- Develop a process for prioritizing the inspection and cleaning of the storm drain system, and incorporate the cleaning requirements, to meet the State permitting requirements for the discharge of stormwater.
- Complete the construction of a new well to provide adequate water for the Los Flores Integrated Waste Facility.
- Evaluate the overall condition of the aged electrical systems associated with the Wastewater Treatment Plant, including motor buckets, busing, wiring, and ductwork.
- Complete the design and prepare documents to bid on the rehabilitation of the Waste Water Treatment Plant influent piping, including modifications to the septage receiving station.