The Santa Maria Valley is experiencing a shortage of licensed childcare providers to meet the childcare needs of local families. In partnership with the City of Santa Maria, the Children's Resource and Referral Program offers free training and technical assistance for persons interested in working in the child care profession. Family Child Care classes are offered in English and Spanish and include child care options, licensing regulations, and related topics. For information, please call Children's Resource and Referral at 925-4789 or 925-1989.
The Children's Resource & Referral Program offers:
- Free child care referrals specific to the needs of each family
- Information regarding becoming a childcare provider
- Professional support and training for childcare providers
- Information on childcare legislation
- Children and Families Commission (Proposition 10) grant funding assistance
The lending library at the Children's Resource & Referral Program offers free resource and educational materials for parents, childcare providers and teachers. Adults may borrow toys, games, books, infant care videos, parenting information and other resources. It's a great way to bring in fun activities for children without paying for new toys! Bilingual materials and resources for students with special needs are also available.