Encroachment Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

About the Encroachment Permit

You can obtain an encroachment permit over-the-counter at the Department of Public Works/Engineering Division, 110 South Pine Street, Suite 221. You can also discuss your projects with the Engineering staff to get more information about appropriate work in the Public Rights of Way.  You may also reach Engineering staff by calling (805) 925-0951 ext. 2225, or by sending an email to Engineering staff

An encroachment permit is an authorization to work in the public rights of way. This is usually a portion of public easement that runs on your property parallel to the street and several feet wide adjacent to the curb. It might also include utility easements noted on the title report for your property. Usually the public sidewalk, parkway, and driveway curb ramp to your property lie within these rights of way. If you want to work in those areas, the City has adopted rules or "standards" for the kind of improvements which can be permitted in those areas.

Encroachment Permit Application

Water Main Shutdown Application