SB 978 – Requires Law Enforcement Agencies to Publish
Standards, Polices, Practices, and Training Online
Beginning January 1, 2020, SB 978 requires local law enforcement agencies and Commission of Peace Officer Standards and Training (“POST”) to post on their Internet websites all current standards, policies, practices, operating procedures, and education and training materials that would otherwise be available to the public through a California Public Records Act (“CPRA”) request.
The Legislature declared that making this information available online and easily accessible to the public helps educate the public about law enforcement policies, practices, and procedures, and is intended to increase communication and community trust while saving on costs and labor associated with responding to individual CPRA requests for this information (SB 978 adds Section 13650 to the Penal Code).
- Chief's Bulletin - Use of Force (June 19, 2020)
- Department Policy Manual - Santa Maria Police Department/Lexipol
- Arrest and Control Training - POST Perishable Skills Program (PSP)
- Active Shooter/Killer Response Training - POST Perishable Skills Program (PSP)
- Firearms (PSP) Training - Santa Maria Police Department
- Motorcycle Operator Academy Training - Santa Maria Police Department