The Santa Maria Public Library works to ensure that everyone is welcome and has access to the full range of information, services and programs that are offered at the library.
We have reading glasses to borrow, a video phone for the hearing impaired and adaptive computer stations.
California State Library Services for People with Print Disabilities
In association with the Library of Congress, California Library Services for People with Print Disabilities provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. This link will help you find your local braille and talking book library center and sign up for free library service.
For assistance with program enrollment, use of the equipment and media, and detail on the assistive technology available in the Santa Maria Main Public Library, call (805) 925-0994 extension 2503.
Information for Service Animals
Service animals are welcomed in all Santa Maria Public Library facilities. Please help maintain a pleasant and safe environment for all library users by observing the following behavioral guidelines for your service animal. These guidelines conform to California Penal Code 365.7 and Federal regulations that support the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Animals, other than service animals assisting persons with disabilities, are not permitted inside Library facilities.
- Fraudulently misrepresenting guide, signal or service animals is a misdemeanor.
- Keep your service animal with you and under your control at all times.
- Keep your animal on the floor or on your person at all times.
- If your service animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, it may not stay in the library.