The Santa Maria (main) Public Library has six study rooms that can each accommodate up to eight people. These spaces are located on the second floor of the Library and free to use on a first come, first served basis. Stop by the Library Information Don the second floor of the main branch with your library card/picture ID to use a study room. Please refer to the Study Room Use Policy with additional questions.
There are three meeting rooms available for rent in the main branch including Shepard Hall (capacity 120), the Learning Center (capacity 75), and the Nelson Conference Room (capacity 14).
The Edwin and Jeanne Woods Learning Center (photo above) is located on the first floor near the children’s library and provides great flexibility for a variety of programs.
The Nelson Conference Room (photo above) is located within the Library administration office suite on the second floor. This smaller space is perfect for business meetings of up to 14 people.
5 easy steps to booking a meeting space at the Santa Maria Public Library:
- Review the Meeting Room Use Application for information on the policies and rates of each reservable space.
- Review the policy for contracted Shepard Hall Video Services, if applicable.
- Check the library calendar of events or call the Library at (805) 925-0994 extension 2321 to inquire about availability.
- Submit application using the Meeting Room Use Application downloadable PDF or the online meeting room use form.
- Confirmation will be sent within five business days of receipt of a completed application.
The Santa Maria Public Library is committed to supporting our community by providing designated display cases to non-profit organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities, and to individuals who wish to display in an attractive and informative manner, collections, memorabilia, crafts, art objects, and other collectibles.
Below are photos of Shepard Hall, depicting walls and adjustable track hanging system for displaying larger artwork, the Library Learning Center, and the Nelson Conference Room.