The new SMPL To Go bookmobile will soon join our collection of resources to serve the community. This vehicle will bring library and literacy services to areas of the City that do not currently have a library nearby.
Beginning Bookmobile Schedule (First opening stage)
Please check this page for beginning date of service.
1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Central Plaza Apartments (200 N. McClelland Street)
3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Armstrong Park (1000 E. Chapel Street)
1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Good Samaritan Shelter
3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Boys and Girls Club (901 N. Railroad Avenue)
1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Evans Park (200 W. Williams Street)
3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Preisker Park (330 Hidden Pines Way)
1:00 to 3:00 p.m., The Residences at Depot Street (205 N. Depot Street)
3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Rancho Hermosa (235 E. Inger Drive) No stop at this location on the first Friday of the month.
The Santa Maria Public Library staff thanks the grant funders that made the purchase of this vehicle and its materials possible:
- U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Sciences under the provision of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian
- Santa Maria Public Library Foundation with grants from:
- Edwin and Jeanne Woods Foundation
- Roy and Ida Eagle Foundation
- Noontime Rotary Santa Maria
- Altrusa International Foundation of Santa Maria
- Towbes Foundation
- A bequest from the Hildegard Gartner Individual Living Trust.
- Friends of the Santa Maria Public Library for books
- California State Library for Chromebooks
Thanks also to partners in this project:
- Central Coast Literacy Council
- Housing Authority of Santa Barbara County
For information on the SMPL To Go bookmobile, please contact Bookmobile staff at (805) 925-0994 extension 8567 or email the Bookmobile desk at email@example.com.