City of Santa Maria
Code Enforcement Division
110 South Pine Street Suite 107, Santa Maria, CA. 93458
Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by appointment only, closed Fridays.
Phone: (805) 925-0951 ext. 2420
Fax: (805) 928-0535
Mobile Commercial Car Washing
Mobile Commercial Car Washing Checklist
Negocio Movil de Autos Lista de Verification de Permisos
Mobile Commercial Car Washing Permit Application
Mobile Commercial Car Washing Permit Application - Spanish
Hauled Wastewater Discharge Permit Application
Mobile Car Washing License Bond with Water Bond requirements for permitting is temporarily suspended
Mobile Car Washing License Bond Waterless Bond requirements for permitting is temporarily suspended
Mobile Commercial Car Washing Frequently Asked Questions
Preguntas fecuentes Operacion de Lavado Movil Comercial en la Ciudad de Santa Maria
Service Request Form
If you wish to request Code Enforcement service you can call the office to obtain a Service Request Form, or use the forms on this website (see below). Please print, complete, and send the form to the Code Enforcement office at the address listed above.
Code Enforcement Service Request Form (English and Spanish)
You may also submit a Code Enforcement service request online
The City of Santa Maria has adopted numerous ordinances over the years to create and maintain a healthy, safe and pleasant environment in which to live work and play. In order to maintain the quality of life in Santa Maria, the Code Enforcement Division enforces and investigates the following on Public or Private Property when access has been authorized:
- Building or Remodeling Without Permits
- Garage Conversions
- Substandard Housing - Such as lack of heat, hot water or sanitation
- Inoperative Vehicles on Private Property - Such as vehicles supported on blocks, jacks, etc., burned, abandoned or vehicles stored with flat tires
- Vehicles Parked on Lawns
- Abandoned Vehicles - on private property (for abandoned vehicles on the street, contact the Police Dept. at (805) 928-3781 ext. 2956)
- Zoning Complaints - Such as business in a residential district
- Noise Complaints - Such as barking dogs and roosters
- Blighted Property - Such as abandoned / open structures
- Weeds, Junk and Debris on Private Property
- Signs Unlawfully Displayed
- Waste water, Standing water and Pollution issues
- Public Nuisances
Sidewalk Vendors Brochure I Sidewalk Vendors Brochure en Espanol I Sidewalk Vending Permit (Planning Division)
The Homeless and Your Business
The following tips will help you avoid problems with homeless people.
Sign Education Information Brochure
For specific information on the sign laws, call or visit the Community Development Department, Planning Division, located at 110 South Pine Street, Suite 101, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Weekdays; or call (805) 925-0951, Extension 2244. TDD (805) 925-4354.
click image for larger view (English and Spanish)
Community Mediation ProgramA community mediation program brochure is available. Mediation is a low-cost, low-risk way to reach an agreement and to resolve all kinds of disputes. Or call the Community Mediation Program of Santa Barbara County at (805) 349-8943 or (805) 963-6765 (south county) for more information.