(click link above)
JOIN THE CONVERSATION - take the survey TODAY
The City asks you to take a quick survey to share your opinions about prioritizing City services. We need to hear from you because the City faces funding challenges and soon will make important decisions.
A recently conducted community survey showed that 74 percent of Santa Maria residents are satisfied with our ability to deliver services, and we’re working hard to keep it that way. But over the last 25 years, the State has taken over $55 million dollars in locally-controlled funding from Santa Maria to fix its own budgets, which hurts our local ability to provide critical public safety and quality of life services. Our priority is to continue to provide our residents with the excellent services you need and deserve.
Over the last few years, the Santa Maria Police Department helped combat violent gangs, but we still need the tools to keep gangs from resurging. We must protect and maintain locally-controlled resources that supports our police department and keeps gangs out of the City.
Some of the services your neighbors prioritize include:
- Increasing police officers engaged in gang suppression and crime prevention
- Maintaining 9-1-1 emergency medical response times
- Staffing all City fire stations with the appropriate number of firefighters
- Maintaining at-risk youth programs, gang suppression and enforcement
- Enhancing recreation and youth programs and facilities
- Maintaining library hours and providing a safe place for teens to go after school
The City is engaging the community further about how we can address our public safety and quality of life service needs.
Please let us know what City services are important to you, by filling out the survey today. The form also can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org