GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 8, 2022
One Councilmember will be voted for in District 3 and District 4,
each serve a four (4) year term
The Santa Maria City Council is comprised of four Councilmembers, elected by district to four-year terms, and a Mayor, elected at-large to a four-year term.
To be eligible to run for City Council in November 2022, candidates must reside within District 3 and District 4, and be a registered voter in the City of Santa Maria at the time nomination papers are issued. Interested residents must make an appointment with the City Clerk's Office to receive and submit campaign documents during the Nomination Period beginning July 18 and ending on August 12, 2022. The Nomination Period will be extended to 5:00 p.m. on August 17, 2022, if an incumbent fails to file nomination papers by the August 12 deadline.
Step 1: Contact the City Clerk's Office for an appointment - (805) 361-9701
July 18 through August 12 /17
Step 2: Complete nomination papers and collect signatures
Step 3: File nomination papers with the City Clerk's Office
Deadline August 12 (or extended to August 17)
Election-specific documents are not available prior to July 18. Potential candidates are encouraged to review FPPC Campaign Rules, election manuals, and campaign forms:
REPORTING - Campaign Finance Disclosure (Zero-Limits Imposed. The City of Santa Maria does not have campaign contribution/expenditure limits. City Council Resolution No. 2020-120)
For more information contact Chief Deputy City Clerk Rhonda White at (805) 361-9701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find your voting District? New Voting Districts have been implemented with the adoption of new City Council district map on April 5, 2022, which completed the decennial redistricting process.
- Click the What is my voting District? link above to open the web map application.
- Enter an address in the search bar "Type Address Here" and select the address from the populated list.
- Find address in the search results list and click on it.
- The map will zoom to the location.
- The legend and color identifies the district.
- For assistance, please call (805) 925-0951 Ext. 2306.
No persons shall hold or be eligible for nomination to the offices of the Mayor, City Council, City Treasurer or City Clerk unless at the time of his or her nomination papers are issued, he or she is a resident of the City of Santa Maria and a registered voter at their current place of residence. [E.C. §201]
Other Election & Informational Resources:
- Voting Districts (What is my voting District?)
- Polling Place Locations & Information (Where do I vote?)
- Ballot Drop Box Locations in the City of Santa Maria
- Voter Registration Status (Am I registered to vote?)
- Countywide/Citywide Election Results