Holiday Decorating Contest
November 7, 2022
Lights, Sights, and Holiday Nights Decorating Contest
The City of Santa Maria Recreation and Parks Department invites community members to help spread holiday cheer by decorating their homes in the spirit of the season for the 26th Annual Lights, Sights, and Holiday Nights Contest.
Awards will be given to winners in the following categories:
- Best Decorated Rookie Residence: First-time contest entry.
- Country Christmas: Best depiction of a western or ranch-style holiday.
- Home Spun Holiday: Best depiction of traditional holidays at home.
- California Dreamin’: Spectacular light display with motion lights, music, and/or animatronics.
- Simply Christmas: Simply decorated home full of Christmas spirit.
- Holiday Hall of Fame: Past contest winners who have won three or more times.
Nominations will be accepted beginning Monday, November 14th through Monday, December 5th. To nominate a residence within the City limits, please email three photographs of the illuminated display, the address of the residence, and a contact number for the entry, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final judging will take place from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 7th. Contest winners will be announced on Friday, December 9th. A map of the winners will be posted on the Recreation and Parks Department website and social media accounts.
Questions may be directed to the Recreation and Parks Department, at (805) 925-0951 extension 2260.
Department: Recreation and Parks
Contact Person: Dennis Smitherman, Recreation Services Manager
Telephone Number: (805) 925-0951 ext. 2263
E-mail Address: email@example.com