SMAT Service Adjustments
March 25, 2020
Local Transit Adjustments
Effective Wednesday, April 1st and until further notice, Santa Maria Area Transit (SMAT) will be adjusting service levels on all eight routes, to limit risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
Instead of regular weekday service, SMAT will expand its weekend service to seven days per week. Please refer to the schedule at outlets selling bus passes, or online at www.rideSMAT.com.
ADA Paratransit service will continue as normal. SMAT will also provide limited shuttle service on weekdays outside of the modified schedule to accommodate passengers that need early morning and evening services. The weekday shuttle will be available early mornings from 5:30 to 8:30 a.m., and evenings from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
The weekday shuttle is by appointment only. The shuttle will not operate on Saturdays and Sundays. To schedule an appointment for shuttle service please contact dispatch at (805) 928-5624. Riders may view the current route schedules at www.rideSMAT.com. To do so, select your route on the website and view the Weekend schedule.
SMAT emphasizes its ongoing commitment to public health and to the safety of riders, drivers and all community members. The public is reminded to stay home if sick, to follow proper health hygiene practices, and maintain appropriate social distance on buses, at the Transit Center, and at bus stops.
SMAT encourages community members to follow recommended health practices:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay away from work, school, transit, and other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Practice social distancing, keep a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others.
Department: Public Works/Transit Division
Contact Person: Austin O’Dell, Transit Services Manager
Telephone Number: (805) 925-0951 ext. 2480
E-mail Address: email@example.com