Free Summer Recreation
June 10, 2019
Free Safe N’ Strong All Summer Long Summer Recreation Program
Safe N’ Strong is a free summer program that will help keep youth active, healthy, and safe. Children ages six to twelve years will enjoy games, sports, and crafts while making new friends. The program is coordinated by the City of Santa Maria’s Recreation and Parks Department.
Safe N’ Strong occurs Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., launching Monday, June 10th and running through Friday, August 9th at the following locations:
- Armstrong Park (1000 East Chapel Street)
- Bob Orach Park (1800 South Westgate Road)
- Buena Vista Park (800 South Pine Street) 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Grogan Park (1155 West Rancho Verde Road)
- Minami Community Park (600 West Enos Drive)
- Oakley Park (1300 North Western Avenue)
- Rice Park (700 East Sunset Avenue)
- Tunnell Park (1100 North Palisade Drive)
- Veterans’ Memorial Park (313 West Tunnell Street)
Registration is not required. Limited amounts of healthy meals are provided on a first come, first serve basis at select locations, and are not guaranteed.
Questions may be directed to the Recreation and Parks Department, (805) 925-0951 extension 2260.
Department: Recreation and Parks
Contact Person: Dennis Smitherman, Management Analyst I
Telephone Number: (805) 925-0951, ext. 2263
E-mail Address: email@example.com