Santa Maria Public Library (Main Library)
421 S. McClelland Street, Santa Maria, California 93454. (805) 925-0994
Find us on Google Maps
The Main Library and all four branch libraries will be closed
on Thursday, August 31st for a staff training.
NASA Library Initiative for Teachers and Students (NASA LIFTS)
Please note that the Public Library and branch libraries will close at 5:00 p.m. on three days: New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve, and the day before Thanksgiving.
Brainfuse is funded by the Santa Maria Public Library Foundation
Local History Photographs
Make a Difference Volunteer
Find a great place to volunteer
The mission of the Santa Maria Public Library is to inspire lifelong learning, embracing and strengthening our diverse community through free and equal access to information, knowledge and ideas.
Through sharing knowledge we build a better community.
- Support the City’s youth with myriad programs and services, including summer learning, outreach to schools, and expanded teen services with an emphasis on access to technology and media literacy.
- Recruit and train skilled community volunteers to assist students in library after school homework help centers at all library locations and to help with library support groups.
- Analyze current revenue streams, and evaluate proposed revenue increases in the library’s fee based services, in part to augment the library’s capital needs.
- Seek and pursue all types of funding sources for additional materials and services that meet and augment the needs of the Main Library and those of the County-funded, City-operated branch libraries.
- Collaborate with other City departments and outside organizations to bring a variety of quality classes, workshops, and programs for all ages, while adapting content and structure to meet the needs of diverse communities and the underserved.
- Provide compelling collections that are convenient for patrons to access, browse, and enjoy with continued emphasis on building the collection of digitized photographs and other local historical information.
- Review and reconsider the Library mission statement and develop a vision statement in alignment with the City’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- Strengthen a capable and customer-service oriented team of staff and volunteers, who enthusiastically provide excellent services, programs, and resources to the community.
- Continuously review and redesign library webpages to make information better organized and easier to locate.
- Design a marketing plan to publicize the library’s services and resources, and to encourage more community partnerships and fundraising opportunities.
Phone: 805-925-0994 ext. 2321
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT:
- Master of Public Administration (Cal State University Long Beach)
- Master of Science in Library Science (University of Kentucky)
- Managing Librarian, Monterey County Free Libraries
- Acting Director, Pacific Grove Public Library
- Branch Librarian, Orange County Public Library
- Women's Fund of Northern Santa Barbara County
- County of Santa Barbara Library Advisory Committee
- American Association of University Women, Santa Maria Chapter Chair
- Black Gold Cooperative Library System
- California Library Association
- American Library Association
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs operations of the Santa Maria Public Library and four County Branches in Library Zone III