Santa Maria Public Library (Main Library)
421 S. McClelland Street, Santa Maria, California 93454. (805) 925-0994
Find us on Google Maps
Please note that the Public Library and branch libraries will close at 5:00 p.m. on three days: New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve, and the day before Thanksgiving.
Brainfuse is funded by the Santa Maria Public Library Foundation
Local History Photographs
Make a Difference Volunteer
Find a great place to volunteer
421 S. McClelland Street • Santa Maria, CA 93454 • Phone: (805) 925-0994
The mission of the Santa Maria Public Library is to inspire lifelong learning, embracing and strengthening our diverse community through free and equal access to information, knowledge and ideas.
Through sharing knowledge we build a better community.
1. Identify and reach out to underserved populations by attending community events, partnering with local groups and organizations, and actively promoting the library through the use of bilingual brochures, public service announcements, and public speaking engagements.
2. Evaluate and review the library’s current state of technology and equipment to determine future needs, and develop a plan for meeting those needs to ensure that the library offers staff and patrons state-of-the-art equipment.
3. Develop the Library Plan of Service based on community demographics, library use data, and feedback from the public to include a review and revision of the library’s mission statement, development of a vision statement, and also three- to five-year goals for each division.
4. Seek grant funding as well as local partnerships to help fund the library’s materials, equipment, furnishings, and services at the Main Library and at branch libraries.
5. Engage the public by establishing a regular schedule of patron surveys to identify customer satisfaction with current services and solicit input regarding desired services.
6. Determine a new use for the second floor career center area that will attract more users to that area while maintaining the quiet zone designation.
7. Evaluate the Library’s self-service capabilities, reposition the self-service kiosks to a more user friendly location, as well as determine any other needed changes or enhancements that will facilitate and increase library usability and navigation by library users.
8. Review and redesign library webpages to make information better organized and easier to locate.
9. Collaborate with community organizations and groups in the City and County service areas to collect and build the libraries’ collection of digitized photographs and other local historical information.
10. Start up and re-establish branch library operations in Los Alamos in a leased building, and work with the Friends of the Los Alamos Library to systematically build the collection.
Phone: 805-925-0994 ext. 2321
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT:
- Master of Public Administration (Cal State University Long Beach)
- Master of Science in Library Science (University of Kentucky)
- Managing Librarian, Monterey County Free Libraries
- Acting Director, Pacific Grove Public Library
- Branch Librarian, Orange County Public Library
- Central Coast Literacy Council Board Member
- County of Santa Barbara Library Advisory Committee
- American Association of University Women, Santa Maria Chapter Chair
- Black Gold Cooperative Library System
- California Library Association
- American Library Association
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs operations of the Santa Maria Public Library and four County Branches in Library Zone III