Our inspection staff is tasked with verifying that the work being done conforms to the approved plans and does not violate any of our State or locally adopted building codes. Sometimes field conditions are not able to be shown on the plans and require alternate methods of construction. It is the field inspectors job to insure that these changes "meet code" and/or get submitted by the designer to the Building Division for further review and approvals.
It is our goal to be more than just someone who shows up and tells you what is going wrong and that our inspections should help your project run smoothly rather than interfere. To accomplish this, our inspectors will try to:
- Identify potential problems as early as possible.
- Consult with you by phone or on the job to resolve any problems you have.
- Let your job proceed whenever possible.
You will need to do the following before our inspection:
- Complete the work being inspected so that it meets the plans and relevant code requirements.
- Have the approved (city-stamped) plans and inspection card on the jobsite.
- Provide access for inspection, including a ladder or other means of access if needed.
- The owner or contractor should be present for work on occupied buildings.
- If any tests are required, have them ready at the time of inspection.
SCHEDULING AN INSPECTION
To schedule an inspection, you must call one business day before the actual day you want the inspection. The line is open 24 hrs, so you may call anytime.
The phone number is 925-0951 x510. You must leave the project address, the permit number a call back phone number and the type of inspection you need. If you prefer a morning or afternoon inspection, depending on workload, we will try to honor that request.
If you need to talk to your inspector prior to his coming out, call us at 925-0951 x241 on the morning of the inspection between 8:20 - 9:00 A.M.