Be prepared to tell the 9-1-1 emergency dispatcher the following information:
- Where you are
- The location where the incident is occurring (address, and cross street if possible)
- What is happening
- Who is involved
- Whether weapons are involved (if a weapon is involved, provide details for officer safety)
- If there are any injuries
- Detailed descriptions, including race, sex, age, height, hair, eyes, clothing, facial hair, scars/tattoos
- Vehicle involved/Direction of travel
Be prepared to remain on the phone call to assist the dispatcher. Do NOT hang up first; let the dispatcher end the conversation.
If you need to call the Police Department but it is not an emergency, call the business lines at 928-3781 ext. 277, or 925-2632.